Sunday, May 29, 2011

The User’s Review: SMC Pentax DA 1:4-5.6 50-200mm ED Zoom Lens

I brought this zoom and a 18-55 II together as in-good-condition used online, and paid USD 100 including shipping on March 3, 2011. Believe it's a good deal. Had an article on the 18-55 II lens and the kit lens in my K-x.


This 50-200 zoom is compact, quick, quite and easy to use. It has the function of quick shift (QS, The lens releases the gear with the focus-driving motor in camera body and allows manual adjustment of focusing once the auto-focusing finishes). The lens surface is also marked both zoom and distance scales, but no magnification scale on the barrel.

With a metal mount, this lens was built of three layers of barrels. The front/most internal one does not turn while focusing. If you buy new, it should come with a hood. I would rate its build quality at 9 on a 10-point scale.

I used it to shoot kids and got satisfied images from my K-x.

No comments:

Post a Comment