Saturday, April 28, 2012

The User's Review: Smile! 35mm Film Camera In Soda Can Shape

Who made it? And when was it made? I don't know. However, I do know it takes regular 35mm film and is fully manual without battery. My red soda can camera is unique and wonderful. 


SMILE! To the focus-free lens after opening the viewfinder.


The closed viewfinder

The opener controls film advance (down position) and rewind (up position).  Press the small white top button on the left side while turning the whole can cover to rewind film. Right below the button, there is a small round window of frame counter. 

The button at can button.  Press it to open the film door. 

I also know a similar coke can camera with a flash at the position of the smile sign. The coke can camera has a flash with a AA-battery chamber opened at the bottom and a flash switch.

7 comments:

  1. TOPICO Lemon COLA i found this under a finished ebay search
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOPICO-Lemon-COLA-Advertising-35mm-CAMERA-12oz-Coke-Can-Size-Shape-with-Flash-/360663846103?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item53f93d8cd7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you could help me. I recently bought a soda can/ camera collectible and I can't figure out how to open it to put in the film. Does it require batteries first? I know where the film should go, as seen in one of your pictures, but I can't seem a way to open it without maybe prying/breaking it open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To open the film chamber, did you try to press the black button at the can bottom? Thanks.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete