My 10 numbers about this camera:
1. 1000 indicates 1/1000 sec. top shutter speed
2. 2 (Dual) Through-Lens metering system: spot and average
3. 1st of DTL camera with a patent
4. 1 CdS sensor at the upper-central section of mirror (6% of field) for the spot meter mode
5. 2 such sensors at each side of eyepiece for the average meter mode
6. 42 mm universal threaded lens mount
7. One Eveready S-76E battery (1.55 v, 180 mAh) is needed to power the meter system.
The good news is that the equivalent battery (e.g., Energizer 357/303) is available today.
8. One extra function of the wind lever: to stop down the aperture and to activate the meter
9. One meter-off-locking button on the top of the wind lever axis
10. One clip-on shoe is needed to hold a flash.
|The meter-off lock is off (in UP position). To stop down the aperture and to set the meter on, you need to push the wind lever forward.|
|The meter-off lock is on (in DOWN position). Press the round lock button on the top of the wind lever, the wind lever will auto-stays in and shut down the meter.|
|The meter mode switch: up for spot (S) or down for average (A)|
|The back door lock is on the side.|
|The brown area on the mirror is the spot meter area.|
|My 1000 DTL didn't wear any shoe. However, I find that a clip-on shoe from my Pentax Spotmatic is a perfect fit on my 1000 DTL.|